Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good View

Welcome to one of the most beautiful places on Earth - the mountains of western North Carolina. There are hundreds of waterfalls and miles of hiking trails in this area and you could spend a lifetime trying to see everything. I got a late start and didn't begin hiking until 1998. That's when friends invited me up to their mountain home in Lake Toxaway to hike to some of the waterfalls in the area. My first falls were Drift, Turtleback and Rainbow along the Horsepasture River and I've been hooked ever since. The scenery is so spectacular that I decided to put up a web site to share the beauty and to encourage you to visit this beautiful area. Like most of the Great Outdoors, photos don't do the real thing justice, but they do allow you to catch a glimpse of a part of Nature that you might have otherwise missed.
I lived near Raleigh at the time and it was a struggle to get over this way more than 5 times a year. By 2002 I just couldn't stand living 4-5 hours away, so I started planning to relocate. In April 2003, the dream became reality and I picked up my life and moved it to Asheville. This site has grown tremendously in the number of visitors in the last 3 years especially. That's a good thing since it probably means more people are getting outdoors to enjoy Nature's beauty and are looking for info on where to go and what to see. The only down side is I'm getting a lot more emails and am not able to answer all of the inquiries. Please remember that this is a one person operation, I also work a 12 hour swing shift job, and I would rather be out exploring and taking pictures than sitting in front of a computer. Use this site for your visual pleasure or as just one source of info for planning a trip to this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment